Are you a plumber, handyman, bricklayer or electrician?
Do you work as a tradesman?
If you answered Yes to one of the above, then you must read this.
As a Trades person you are entitled to lot of deductions that you may not be aware of.
You can claim deduction for following work related deductions –
- Clothing – branded uniform, protective uniform such as overalls, safety shoes and safety glasses.
- Tools and equipment – includes purchase, leasing, hiring and maintaining tools used for work.
- Cost of laundering work related clothing.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses if work is done outside
- Car expenses – if car used for travel to work sites. There are 2 methods for claiming work related car expenses – Log Book Method and Cents per kilometre method. Depending on the method you choose, you can claim running expenses such as fuel, rego, insurance, repairs, service, tyres and car wash.
- Travel expenses – this includes parking, toll.
- Training courses, licenses and certifications for upskilling.
- Home office expenses.
- Union Fees
- Maintain receipts to claim deductions.
- Don’t claim if you expenses were reimbursed.
Contact Expert Tax on 0449 952 855 for further assistance or please send us your query via our website – www.expert-tax.com.au
You can also email us your query at email@example.com, we will endeavour to reply to your query as soon as possible.